Here’s a list of some of the recommended products we use that are available for you to use so you can keep your furniture looking its best.
- Liberon Paste Waxes – I like this brand best and have used it for 20+ years! It’s available in many colors from Rings End Home Centers or on the web.
- Goddard’s Furniture Polish – One of the only ones I use and recommend to customers for an easy way to maintain the finish on your furniture. Not as strong and durable as paste wax, but a good “next best” choice. It’s available from Rings End Home Centers and other retailers.
- Brass and metal polishes I like include Goddard’s Brass & Copper Polish, Weiman’s Metal polish and Never-Dull “wadding polish” which is a can of treated cotton wadding you use to polish metals, All three of these are available at Rings End Home Centers and other retailers.
Other Recommended Resources
- Jon Paul Schriever in Wilton, CT. 203-832-1266
- The Recovery Room in New Milford, CT. 860-350-6244
- Fairchild Custom Upholstery in Danbury, CT. 203-798-0085
Ceramic and Glass Restoration-
- Thomas K. Libby in Stamford, CT. 203-602-0500 www.cannondaleantiques.com
Antique & Fine Furniture Dealers-
- Fairfield Auctions in Newtown, CT 203- 364-1555 Jack & Rosie DeStories have a free appraisal day every Tuesday. Check their website for details and previews www.fairfieldauction.com
- Litchfield County Auctions, Inc. in Litchfield, CT. 860-567-4661 They have many great auctions year round. For details and previews see their website www.litchfieldcountyauctions.com
- Applebrook Auctions in New Milford, CT. 203-740-0944 Mitchell Borenstein always has a great collection from estates all over the tri-state area and holds estate sales and auctions in his New Milford locations. Check the website for more info www.applebrookauctions.com
Metal Restoration & Polishing-
- Metalworks North in Beacon Falls, CT. Tom Kassery @ 203-723-9075 www.metalworksnorth.com
Tom’s work has always been outstanding and I always receive great compliments from my customers who use him. He’s great at metal repairs and polishing any and all types of metals, especially brass.
- E.J.Kassery in Norwalk, CT. Ed Kassery is Tom’s brother (see above) and also very good at what he does! Also a good source for rewiring chandeliers. Phone: 203- 846-0299
Some of My Favorite Books on the subject of Furniture-